NEW FOR 20/21!
Innovate. Create. Develop.
Click on the image to book your place.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR 2020/21 (deadline 28 June 2020)
Do you want to tackle an issue that you are passionate about? Do you want to create change and have a positive impact on the lives of other people?
This short (24 week) sandwich year placement will run for the first time, from January - June 2021 and provides a great opportunity to initiate and design projects that will seek to address a specific societal needs.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams of up to 5 individuals to work on a variety projects that will focus on delivering a meaningful social or environmental impact on people’s lives. The projects will come under one of 4 key themes:
IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL SANDWICH YEAR OPTIONS
None of our sandwich year options provide a salary, although access to funding in support of the development of all of our sandwich year placement initiatives is available. In addition to any individual financial support available to you through Student Finance, you will be allowed to work part-time for up to 15 hours per week.
The support we offer to all our sandwich year placement students
- Funding: £500 seed fund (per business / project) with further funding up to £1000
- Regular appointments with our Start-up Adviser
- Regular business-related workshops
- Access to specialist business advisers as required and appropriate
- Free tenancy in the Hallam i-Lab for the duration of the year
- Mentoring support
- Networking opportunities
For more information why not come and talk to us.
- Weekly Wednesday drop-ins at Careers Connect between 12.00 - 13.00
- Weekly Open House Wednesdays in the Hallam i-Lab between 13.00 - 16.00. The Hallam i-Lab on floor 6 of Aspect Court, on Pond Hill.
- Contact us on: 0114 225 3131 or email at: email@example.com
Use the links below to explore the Enterprise Team's full offer.
- Welcome to the Enterprise Team
- Business support and funding
- Hallam i-Lab: a dynamic co-working incubation space
- Hallam Pop-up Shop
- Freelance work opportunities (Hallam Freelancers)
- Enterprise events and workshops
- Competitions and Awards
- Enactus: supporting entrepreneurial action for social change