We offer a range of workshops designed to cover all the key topics and information you will need to kick-start your self-employment venture.
This workshop is run monthly and will provide you with a broad overview of all the key issues you need to be aware of when setting up your new venture. Topics covered include:
- Identifying your customer base
- Introduction to business planning
- Tips on market research techniques
- Introduction to Intellectual Property (copyrights, trademarks etc.)
Please note: Attendance at this workshop is mandatory, with some exceptions. If you are unsure as to whether or not you need to attend this workshop, please contact us to discuss further.
Other workshops on offer include:
- Introduction to Enterprise Thinking
- Resilience as an Entrepreneur
- Business Planning: a creative and interactive workshop to help you understand your market and clients
- Managing finances
- Social media for businesses
Why not come and talk to us about your plans (see below).
- Come to our weekly Wednesday drop-in info session in Careers Connect anytime between 12.00 - 13.00
- Visit us in the Hallam i-Lab at our weekly Open House Wednesday afternoons. Drop in anytime between 13.00 - 16.00. The Hallam i-Lab is a dedicated enterprise and entrepreneurial incubation space on floor 6 of Aspect Court, on Pond Hill.
- Contact us on: 0114 225 3131 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the links below to explore the Enterprise Team's full offer.
- Welcome to the Enterprise Team
- Hallam i-Lab: a dynamic co-working incubation space
- Hallam Pop-up Shop
- Freelance work opportunities (Hallam Freelancers)
- Enterprise events and workshops
- Competitions and Awards
- Enactus: supporting entrepreneurial action for social change