Start-up Visa (international graduates)
The Start-up Visa provides an opportunity for international graduates with a genuine and credible business idea to establish their business in the UK. We offer up to 20 new endorsements per year under the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) Start-up Visa programme. If you receive an endorsement from the University, your visa is valid for up to 2 years from the point of issue subject to the candidate adhering to certain conditions as required by the Enterprise Team. You are eligible to apply if:
- you are a non-EEA international graduate from Sheffield Hallam University
- you have a genuine and credible new start-up business idea
- this is your first attempt at setting up a business in the UK
- you are resident in the UK at the time of your application - we do not accept applications from outside the UK
- you do not hold a Post Study Work Visa
We helped international graduate Gloria Chen set up her catering business
Please visit the Home Office website* for further information.
*Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- Contact the Enterprise Team at least 4 months before graduation
- Complete the expression of interest form
To find out more about all or some of our graduate support offer:
- Visit us in the Hallam i-Lab at our weekly Open House Wednesday afternoons. Drop in anytime between 13.00 - 16.00. The Hallam i-Lab is a dedicated enterprise and entrepreneurial incubation space on floor 6 of Aspect Court, on Pond Hill. (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
- Contact us on: 0114 225 3131 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the links below to explore the Enterprise Team's full offer.
- Welcome to the Enterprise Team
- Business support and funding
- Hallam i-Lab: a dynamic co-working incubation space
- Hallam Pop-up Shop
- Freelance work opportunities (Hallam Freelancers)
- Enterprise events and workshops
- Competitions and Awards
- Enactus: supporting entrepreneurial action for social change