Academic staff: Enactus & Highly Skilled Employment (HSE)
Enactus is a global network of students, academics and business leaders in a not-for-profit organisation that is active in over 1,650 universities worldwide across 36 countries. In the UK alone, Enactus collaborates with 60 partner universities of which Sheffield Hallam is the most recent, joining in 2018.
The aim of the Enactus programme is to provide opportunities for students to form student-led sustainable projects which create economic and social opportunities for communities at local, national and international level.
The Enterprise Team and the Students Union have joined forces to support Enactus at Sheffield Hallam and provide the right advice and guidance to students.
Why work with us?
In order to meet the University's commitment to ensuring that all students have access to an applied and innovative curriculum through the Highly Skilled Employment model (HSE), Enactus provides an excellent platform from which opportunities to develop students' key employability skills and graduate attributes can flourish.
There are two distinct pathways available for student involvement:
- As an extra-curricular/voluntary project (work experience)
- As part of an accredited module programme (120 hours): Enterprise Residency
Benefits for your students
- Gain real-life business experience opportunities
- Develop a range of SHU identified graduate attributes e.g. confidence, resilience, enterprising, drive, creativity and integrity.
- Nurture the next generation of socially responsible business leaders
- Work alongside and network with students from across all faculties
- Opportunities to enter into ENACTUS team competitions at a local, national and international level
Enactus University teams are currently working on over 180 projects, to find out more about what they do please read some of the project stories on the right.
Use the links below to explore the Enterprise Team's full offer.