Information on Enactus for academic staff
Enactus is a global network of students, academics and business leaders in a not-for-profit organisation that is active in over 1,650 universities worldwide across 36 countries. In the UK alone, Enactus collaborates with 60 partner universities of which Sheffield Hallam is the most recent, joining in 2018.
The aim of the Enactus programme is to provide opportunities for students to form student-led sustainable projects which create economic and social opportunities for communities at local, national and international level.
The Enterprise Team and the Students Union have joined forces to support Enactus at Sheffield Hallam and provide the right advice and guidance to students. There are two distinct pathways available for student involvement:
- As an extra-curricular/voluntary project
- Short-term accredited work experience opportunity
- As part of an accredited module programme
Why work with us?
In the University's Transforming Lives strategy there is a clear commitment to ensuring that students have access to an applied and innovative curriculum. The Enactus programme provides a platform from which opportunities to develop and improve their employability skills can flourish, leading to better graduate recruitment outcomes. Other benefits and/or opportunities include:
Benefits for your students
- Gain real-life business experience opportunities
- Develop a range of SHU identified graduate attributes e.g. confidence, resilience, enterprising, drive, creativity and integrity.
- Nurture the next generation of socially responsible business leaders
- Work alongside and network with students from across all faculties
- Opportunities to enter into ENACTUS team competitions at a local, national and international level
Enactus University teams are currently working on over 180 projects, to find out more about what they do please read some of the project stories on the right.