- Clearly demonstrate exactly what makes you a good candidate for the role.
- Summarise relevant experience and skills in a concise manner.
- Back up what you're saying with evidence and make reference to the relevant sections of your CV.
- Some organisations give details about their brand values and the key qualities that they are looking for from all of their employees. Try and demonstrate how your values/qualities match the organisation's values and qualities.
- Be positive and demonstrate that you are looking forward to hearing from them.
Remember that just like a CV, your covering letter needs to be targeted. Recruiters are quick to spot a generic covering letter that has been used to apply for several different roles. If you find a good example online you can use it as a guide but don't be tempted to copy it word for word as recruiters are likely to spot this.
Remember that advisers are available to check over your covering letter - book an appointment for more advice.