Do I need insurance?
Yes, please make sure you are sufficiently insured, for your time on placement and hold a valid European Health Insurance Card.
Do you need to be an EC National?
No, students of any nationality can apply for the grant. However, if you are working in another country you will need to consider VISA requirements. For further information on this you are advised to speak to the International Experience Team or contact UKCISA
How do I apply?
Once you have secured a graduate internship, contact us immediately so that we can send the necessary documentation to you. You and your employer will need to complete and return the following documents.
To apply for the Erasmus+ grant -
- Health and Safety Agreement - this will need to be completed by your host organisation
- Erasmus+ Application form - you will be asked to provide as much detail as possible about your planned internship, what you will be doing, what you hope to achieve from the experience and how you think this will benefit your employability
Once eligibility is confirmed:
Upon receipt of the Health & Safety Agreement and the Erasmus+ Application Form, we will be able to confirm eligibility for the grant. Once eligibility is confirmed, you will be required to complete the following documents:
- Erasmus Grant Agreement - you will need to complete and sign (this must be an original handwritten signature)
- Online Linguistic Assessment - should you be working in one of the following languages : Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish or Swedish. You will be required to complete an online linguistic assessment prior to beginning your graduate internship unless this is your native language. The link to access the system will be emailed through to you before your graduate internship begins. Please note that both these must be completed before you graduate internship begins. Failure to meet the deadline will mean that you do not receive the grant.
- Erasmus Training Agreement - this document provides the full details of your graduate internship, what you will be doing and what you hope to achieve from the experience. Quite often, you need the input of your employer which is why you will have one month from the start of your placement to return this document to us.
When do I receive the grant?
Upon receipt of the above documents, we will raise a payment for 80% of your total grant allocation. You will receive the final 20% at the end of your graduate internship and upon completion of the following documents:***
- Host Report - this will be emailed to you 2 weeks before your graduate internship finishes. This document must be completed by your manager.
- Student Report - the link to this online form will be sent to you the day after your graduate internship finishes.
- Online Linguistic Assessment - this can be completed once your graduate internship finishes
*** subject to full funding being available.
How is my grant calculated?
The grant is calculated at a flat rate for each month you spend working for your graduate internship. The grant is intended as financial aid rather than a sum that will cover your entire expenses. You will need to add to this with your salary, or other funds, to cover the rest of your expenses. The monthly rate varies depending on which country you go to (please see table). Please also ensure you have sufficient funds in place to cover your first two months on placement whilst your grant is being processed.
Will I need to replay the grant?
As long as you remain on the graduate internship for the duration indicated in your Grant and Training Agreement you will not be required to repay the grant. However, should you return early from your graduate internship before you have completed two months, you will be required to repay the whole grant. If you return after two months but before the duration indicated in your Grant and Training Agreement you will be required to repay the grant proportionally to the time spent on the internship.
If you have any further questions regarding the grant, please contact Jim McElvaney (0114 225 5665) or Louise Tudor (0114 225 3883) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information is also available on UniHub.